The slogan \"At the heart of Istanbul\" is suitable for a university like Bahcesehir University (BAU)... With its main campus on the edge of the Bosphorus in Besiktas each day begins early with rapid mobility and continues throughout the day. Moreover, it is possible to encounter an event at almost every part of the university.
The first thing that will strike your eye when you enter our university will be the large number of foreign students. From the United States to China, from France to South Korea from a wide geographical area extending over a thousand foreign students are studying at BAU. When asked why they prefer BAU we always receive the same answer: \"The central location and international power.\" BAU’s location is apparent. In order to understand the international collaborations of our university, a short tour of our campus or website would be sufficient.
\"BAU GLOBAL\" provides BAU students with a chance to receive education from very different points. BAU Global is able to achieve this through Berlin, Toronto, Washington DC, Batumi, Cyprus, Hanoi, Kyiv, Puebla, Brockwille. \"BAU Global\" allows students to continue their education in all BAU Global Centers overseas and provides all support related to the programs.
You have the opportunity to take a course in your department in Istanbul, Berlin or Washington DC. Also towards the end of each academic year you have the chance to apply for BAU’s summer abroad programs. Moreover, BAU’s summer abroad program is not only for our own students, but is open to students from all over the world!
Transportation to BAU is quite easy. We provide free shuttle service to our students and scholars with out own boats between our two campuses located in the heart of Istanbul, Besiktas North, Beşiktaş South, Göztepe ve Galata. Our boats depart from an area that we give the name BAUPORT. It is an area that is fully allocated for use by our students with greenery and an exquisite view of the Bosporus. Our boats depart at certain times of the day from our own pier and this allows for a pleasant journey between our campuses in Besiktas and Galata. Thus, students stay away from the busy Istanbul traffic and enjoy the ocean and its fresh air while transitioning from campus to campus. Our campus in Galata specializes in the Communication faculty’s work in new media. Tablet publishing in digital media, digital game based learning of the news from the studio to the desk and many other workshops are available in Galata.
BAU does not only cater to undergraduate students but also organizes programs for graduates and graduate candidates. Our Graduates Office holds events throughout the year and our BAU graduate family grows each year while sustaining a strong bond even after graduation.
We invite you to become a part of the BAU family…
Bahçeşehir University in Numbers
- Our University consists of 9 Faculties, 1 School of Languages, 3 Vocational Schools \r\n
- 4 Institute provides post graduate education. \r\n
- The number of undergraduate students is 17.487 \r\n
- The number of graduate students is 8.405 \r\n
- The number of associate degree students is 1.318 \r\n
- 1047 academicians lecture at our University. \r\n
- 506 administrative personnel work at our university \r\n
- There are 4 campuses in Istanbul. \r\n
- The number of our international partners is more than 193 \r\n
- Our university provides more than 100 programs. \r\n
- Bahçeşehir University Library, which is established on 1.400 meter square field renders service with 250.000 publications,books and electronic books. \r\n
- 5 different café and restaurant renders service in campus. \r\n
- The aim of Bahçeşehir University is to take its place at the top 500 universities list by the year 2023 when we will celebrate the 100th anniversary of our Republic. \r\n
- The total audience capacity of the conference halls is 1000. \r\n
- Bahçeşehir University was given the “Superbrands of Turkey” award in 2007. \r\n
- Bahcesehir University was granted the award of the championship as two times in a row in the “Education Export” category in the Awards of 500 Major Exporters of Turkey given by the Turkish Exporters Assembly within the years of 2017 and 2018. \r\n